uk bubble

UK economy

UK property market

UK banking system

UK credit crunch

Irish property market - Google News

spanish property market

economic storm

Thursday, August 7, 2008

a two-bedroom flat

had an offer accepted on a two-bedroom flat in a Victorian conversion house for £245,000 earlier this year. Normally I would have expected to pay a lot more. It was on the market for £260,000. The news about the credit crunch influenced me to go out and get somewhere and to push for something for a better price. At the time I was looking there were lots of places on the market and many of them are still on the market now. I am obviously really happy about how it worked out. But I had £50,000 saved up for the deposit, which allowed me to meet the conditions of the mortgage lender.

No comments: